Sunday 16 November 2014

Books that Bring Me Out of a Reading Rut

I, like most of you, have days when I don't fancy reading anything on my TBR list. I have hundreds of books on there, but none of them tickle my fancy.

There are a few books which help me get back in the reading mood. These aren't in any particular order. I just have 6 (ish) books which I always go to.

1. Reason to Breathe - Rebecca Donovan

This book is just incredible. I cannot sing (or write) its praises enough. It makes me laugh, smile and cry. It is extremely well written, and it doesn't hurt that Evan is awesome. It is one of those books, which gives you moments of unknown smiles. You know, when you read a book and you start smiling without knowing, unless someone points it out. LOVE. I would read anything written by her.

The chemistry between Emma and Evan is torture to read. If any of you watch Arrow or The Vampire Diaries, it is like waiting for Oliver and Felicity to kiss, or waiting for Delena to happen. Pure torture.

2. Beautiful Disaster - Jamie McGuire

Travis Maddox. That is all.

3. Any book by - Jennifer L. Armentrout

I could have picked any book by this author. All of them are amazing. She has a formula for her protagonists and it works a charm. Her male characters are hot, sexy, sarcastic and just swoon-worthy. Her female characters are very strong willed and can hold their own, which is one of my favourite things about her books.

It is difficult to choose one favourite male so I would go for a mixture of Cam and Daemon. I'm greedy like that.

4. Any book by - R.L. Mathewson

Very much like JLA, this author has a formula that is the best. Her male protagonists are very funny and hot. They are so annoying but so so hot. Her female protagonists are cute. I have no other words to describe them. thy're just cute.

The books are a great pick-me-up. They are really funny and sweet. A must read.

6. Starcrossed - Josephine Angelini

This is my favourite Greek Mythology book. It is very well written and the chemistry between Helen and Lucas is agonising. I will never tire of reading this book.

There are a few more books, but these are the ones that I will go to first.

There are links to Goodreads pages for the books, and website links for the Authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment