Friday 19 September 2014

Drops of Rain - Kathryn Andrews


So this book was a total impulse buy. I have loads of books on my to-read list, but couldn't find one that I wanted to read when I came across this book. The synopsis really intrigued me and the book had some amazing reviews. I was excited...



The prologue really sucked me in and the rest of the book was just as good. The fact that both the characters are so eager to get their ideal place at College, isn't really the main focal point of the book. It is definitely a part of it, but the book mainly explores the healing and growth of the characters.

Both characters had been dealt a really bad hand in life, Drew more than Ali, but these two tortured souls found a way to live. Drew is a champion swimmer and Ali a dancer. I loved the fact that Ali wasn't the shy, easily intimidated kind of girl that you find in most books like this. She was strong. There was obviously a little insecurity, but what was different, was that it wasn't played out for most of the book. The problem was dealt with relatively quickly.

The character that i loved the most was Beau. I loved him and his protectiveness. You don't usually see brothers have many heart to hearts but there were some in this book and I found it refreshing.

I give this book 5/5 stars. It was a quick and easy read. It made me shed a tear, smile and it was well written. I cannot wait to read the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment